- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
David Copperfield - Mr. Murdstone plays an important role as David's step-father
The first 200 words of this essay...
Mr. Murdstone plays an important role as David's step-father as David's father died before he was born David has never encountered the company of another man in the house and soon finds out that he hates these arrangements. This is a important because in a Victorian household once a man had married a woman all of her possessions would become his by law and he would also have total control over David and Miss Murdstone. We first meet Mr. Murdstone when David's mother returns home with him and David seems very reluctant in meeting him and buries his head into his mother's chest, once again Mr. Murdstone tries to approach David and once he buries his head into his mother's chest. The book quotes "I didn't like him or his deep voice, and I was jealous that his hand should touch my mother's in touching me - which it did" at this point David shows a child's intuition that Mr. Murdstone is not to be trusted. At the same point the book again quotes "ill omen, black eyes" David glances quickly at Mr. Murdstone and immediately is attracted to his large, dull, lifeless black eyes, which
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
David Copperfield (view all)
- The Way Education is presented in the Novel David Copperfiel...
- Summarising The Characterisation Of Dora Greenfield In The F...
- Choose an important passage or event from the first 14 chapt...
- David Copperfield
- Comparison of the Novels Angelas Ashes With David ...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.