- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Death Of A Salesman
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Death of a Salesman
'The Death of a Salesman' is one of Arthur Miller's earlier plays and was written in 1949. The play is based in Yonkers, New York in 1940. Miller's Father was in a substantial financial crisis as there was a recession which led the family business to be put in jeopardy. Due to the recession and the Miller financial crisis, Arthur had to pay for his own tuition to study journalism and play writing in the University of Michigan. All of Arthur's plays were based on his life and all of the experiences he had encountered. Miller wrote his plays this way as he would have a first hand account of the events. 'The Death of a Salesman' is a disguise of Arthur Miller's past time of his family business's bankruptcy and financial crisis.
In 'The Death of a Salesman', Willy Loman is in a crisis. He's about to lose his job, he can't pay his bills, and his sons Biff and Happy don't respect him and can't seem to live up to their potential. He wonders what went wrong and how he can make things up to his family.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Authors (view all)
- In "The Tulip Touch" Was Tulip Born Evil ?
- How is the character of Larry Lasalle used in Robert Cormier...
- "The darkness out there". Penelope Lively develops...
- Lady Marguerite Blakeney in the Scarlet Pimpernel
- Dramatic Impact in Act 3 of The Crucible
- Catch22 Extract Questions and Answers.
- Several of the poems and stories we have studied deal with p...
- Conflicts in "Cue for Treason" by Geoffrey Trease.
- How does the writer make you sympathize with one of the foll...
- What does Josh learn about relationships during the course o...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.