- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Descriptive Writing Task
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Abandoned, dusty and ancient are my only words to describe the house. As I stood by the very rusty gate covered in withered leaves. There it was by my grandmother's house very old and fragile. Just like her. It went up for sale so quickly; I barely got a chance for a last look around. The rocking chair was immaculate, just how Grandma Betty liked it, as the strong wind blew the dead, dry brown leaves, across the cracked pathway towards the porch, the chair rocked with it. Very calmly, as the wind howled. I just came back for a few things, my belongings. Already the look of the house had taken me aback, it hasn't been that long since grandma Betty died and already I feel like I am standing at the gates of a haunted house.
As I stand here, I can just about remember the great Christmases we all spent here. Me, mum, dad, Grandma Betty and Josh. Although we had a very small family, Christmas always seemed to be so exciting. Grandma always cooked the best pies, apple crumble... my favourite. She always knew I loved custard
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Narrative essay 1
- How does Shakespeare show the changing relationship between ...
- Coursework Assignment: Creative Writing
- We will be looking at spoken Language of TV chefs Nigella la...
- Language use study -texting,spoken and online conversations...
- Story writing (Alien Mysteries Introduction)
- The novel, Looking for Alibrandi, the documentary, Australia...
- Writing about sibling rivalry
- The moment had passed - our school farewell party.
- A Walk Through The Woods
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student