- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Descriptive writing - The train station
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Clunking and Screeching, the frozen engine kicked into motion, pushing the sleek, modern train down the beaten, old track and into the black. Even after the train had left, the sound of the pulsing locomotives pounded through the night, until the deep booms of its powerful thrusts quietened down to gentle beats in the heart of the night.
Mist swirled gently across the now empty track, covering in the wispy blanket. The track was now hidden beneath a mysterious layer, like a deep secret or a myth. If anyone wouldâve been there to see it, they wouldâve have questioned whether the track was really there or not, for the mist kept the track, the mist controlled the track. The frozen mist began to spread, billowing up onto the platform, flooding it, burying it. The mist just grew and grew until it had covered the platform too and after it had finally engulfed the entire station it began to rise. Oh how the mist rose, reaching up into the sky and putting out the stars. After the mist was done, only the silver glow of the moon feebly peered through the mess.
Nothing could be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- We will be looking at spoken Language of TV chefs Nigella la...
- Descriptive essay - Description of a fun fair and guidelines...
- Coursework Assignment: Creative Writing
- Describe the scene of a school lunch hall
- Story writing (Alien Mysteries Introduction)
- The novel, Looking for Alibrandi, the documentary, Australia...
- Writing about sibling rivalry
- The moment had passed - our school farewell party.
- A Walk Through The Woods
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.