- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Diary 1 - Hopes and Fears.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Hopes and Fears
Dear diary (Marco),
Today was the day before my brother Rodolfo and me prepared to leave from Sicily and begin our journey to America. I don't know why I feel so heartbroken about leaving, but I know I have to leave because if I don't things will be worse for me and especially for my family. My oldest son is sick in the chest and I don't know if ill be able to support my wife and kids if I stay in Sicily because there is absolutely no work and no work means no money, no money means I cant afford to get medicine for my boy while feeding my family at the same time. That's why it's vital that I go to America, the land of opportunity! Where there is always work! So if I could get work once in America then I would make some money and I could afford to feed my family properly, buying the medicine that my son needs so dearly to survive. Who knows maybe after a couple of years in America I'll have a good enough job making enough money to bring my whole
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Arthur Miller (view all)
- The Crucible - Power and Manipulation
- Social, Cultural and Historical background of The Crucible.
- Trace the Breakdown of the Carbone family inA View From The ...
- tension in the death of a salesman
- Explore some of the main dramatic devices and techniques use...
- How is Eddie Represented in 'A View from the Bridge'?
- In some sense, 'The Crucible' has the arrangement of a trage...
- Death of a Salesman. What do you think makes this conversati...
- How does Miller make the Vinny Bolzano Story a Fascinating M...
- Jealousy is a very important theme in the play A view from a...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.