- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Discuss the part played by the narrator in two, or more texts. The two books I have chosen to compare are The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro and A Fragment of Stained Glass by D. H. Lawrence.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss the part played by the narrator in two, or more texts.
The two books I have chosen to compare are The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro and A Fragment of Stained Glass by D. H. Lawrence. This essay, will give a brief outline of both text, I have studied, and show any similarities or differences, I have found between them.
Kazuo Ishiguro wrote The Remains of the Day and had his book first published in 1989. He was a post war time writer. The story is set in the summer of 1956. Our narrator and lead character is an ageing butler called Stevens. The story is of Stevens six day trip to the westcountry. During his travels, he reflects over his past history, remembering his old, now dead employer, Lord Darlington. Stevens is also remenising about Lord Darlington's old housekeeper Miss Kenton whom which he now has very deep feelings for and is hoping to see during the course of his journey.
D. H. Lawrence wrote A Fragemnt of Stained Glass in 1914, obviously sometime before. Lawrence was a pre war writer. The story is really broken into two parts. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
DH Lawrence (view all)
- "Snake" By D. H. Lawrence - review
- In D.H. Lawrence's, "The Rocking-Horse Winner," th...
- What kind of effects does the language achieve in Sylvia Pla...
- Studying the two poems "Beautiful Old Age" and &qu...
- "In their poems "Snake" and "Medallion&q...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo