- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Educating Rita Katy-Leigh Bogin
Recently, I have been studying a play called 'Educating Rita', by Willy Russell.
The comedy was first produced at the Liverpool Playhouse in February 1981 and was made into a film, produced by Lewis Gilbert in 1983, starring Michael Caine (Dr. Frank Bryant) and Julie Walters (Rita White). It was revised and re-written by Willy Russell in March 2003 for the reason that it is used for examinations. In this essay, in order to answer the question successfully, Examine Franks growing sense of unease as Rita becomes more educated, I am going to focus closely on; the characters, the structure of the play, the language used, and the relationships shared between characters, especially between Frank and Rita.
Willy Russell originally wrote the play in 1981, just a few years after The Pill
was introduced. The Pill, also known as the combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP), or the birth-control pill, was one of the first forms of contraception that allowed women to have sexual freedom and control pregnancies. The Pill is a tablet containing two female hormones, oestrogen, and progestogen. These two hormones stop a woman from ovulating (producing an
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Educating Rita (view all)
- 'El Tango de Roxanne' Moulin Rouge! Review
- Educating Rita - summary.
- Both Educating Rita and Pygmalion explore significant themes...
- Educating Rita Coursework
- Gallipoli - Character Sketch.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.