- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
EXPLORE SHAKESPEARES PRESENTATION OF LADY MACBETH IN ACT 1 SCENES 5 AND 7
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Macbeth and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
EXPLORE SHAKESPEARE'S PRESENTATION OF LADY MACBETH IN ACT 1 SCENES 5 AND 7
Presentation of the characters in the play Macbeth is vital. There are many ways of being presented, such as through language, actions, emotions etc. Shakespeare uses these features to present to us his character of Lady Macbeth on Act 1 scenes 5 and 7.
Lady Macbeth is one of the most powerful characters in Shakespeare's plays. Shakespeare first introduces Lady Macbeth alone in stage which allows us to pry into her innermost thoughts which are filled with death and destruction. In her opening scene of Act 1 Scene 5 we see her reiterating the witches prophesy in Macbeth's letter and we see how immediately her mind goes to work. Immediately she knows of what must be done for Macbeth to hustle the crown, and immediately her thoughts turn to possible failings in her husband. He is "too full o' the milk of human kindness" to commit murder. This shows how cold Lady Macbeth is, as milk is the food of children, she is implying that Macbeth is too much like a kind child to murder anyone. Her coldness is again shown when she asks the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Macbeth (view all)
- 'Lady Macbeth is the most interesting and disturbed characte...
- Lady Macbeth's Character in Macbeth.
- Creative writing - MacDuff's monologue
- How does Shakespeare present Lady Macbeth's character and ho...
- Relevance of Macbeth Today
- Macbeth Act 1 Scene 1 Analysis
- How does the character of Macbeth change from Act 1:3 to act...
- Macbeth's disturbed character, corruption and downfall.
- The letter, read alone by Lady Macbeth, reiterates the witch...
- Paying particular attention to act 1 scene 5 & 7, analys...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.