- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Extracts from Piggy's Diary.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Extracts from Piggy's Diary
The naval officer told the 'small savages' that he had to look around the island but he would not be finished until just before sundown. Therefore, at sundown all the children were to meet at the Castle Rock. One of the larger savages wandered off on his own. He felt a mixture of feelings on the one hand he had been saved both from death and the island. However, he was going to be taken into larger war that has the same attitudes about civilization and power as the war on the island. Ralph found that he was wandering past the remains of burnt trees to the shelters. Sitting down against a tree he put his hand on a rock. Trying not to think about the events on the island he threw it absentmindedly into the sea. He was about to get up when he felt something else. As he drew it out he found it was an old exercise book. Opening it up on the first page he read, "Thomas Martin's Diary." Intrigued and not remembering a 'Thomas Martin' he opened it and began to read:
26th June 1957
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
William Golding (view all)
- Less Obvious Symbols in Lord of the Flies
- Lord of the flies. How does Golding make Simon such a signi...
- Lord of the Flies
- How does William Golding show evil at work in Lord of the Fl...
- How much Sympathy do you have for Piggy in Chapter One?
- Golding - Lord of the Flies extract - confronting the beast.
- I will explore how the themes of civilisation and barbarity ...
- Lord of the Flies -Symbolism and the Character of Jack.
- Macbeth by Shakespeare and Lord of the Flies by William Gold...
- How Does Golding Use The Island As A Character In Lord Of Th...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.