- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
For Heidi With Blue Hair Commentary
The first 200 words of this essay...
"For Heidi With Blue Hair" commentary
"For Heidi With Blue Hair" is a poem written by Fleur Adcock, during the 1980s. The poem presents the readers with a central image of a child being sent home from school for dying her hair blue. The poem can be seen as one in a narrative form since the poem is being described like a story, with several dialogues used. Using different literary devices and imagery, Adcock manages to transform such a minor event and convey the different issues face in adolescence's life such as friendship, solidarity, school life, home life, family relationship, independence and the many social boundaries that they are being confronted with.
The poem deals with independence and individuality in human beings. The main character- Heidi, in the poem has obviously grown up, and has developed her own thoughts and personality, and this can be seen in the headmistress's tone, being unused to students dying their hair 'blue'. The poem successfully shows how important relationships between parents and children are, as without her father's help she would not have achieved her independence. Her father is recognized as a "freedom-loving father", showing the support he gives
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Analysis of "Seven Ages of Man" by William Shakesp...
- Comparison between To his coy mistress and Sonnet 116
- Poems from other Cultures
- Hunting snake is the poem written by Judith Wright, an Austr...
- Compare and contrast the presentation of childhood memories ...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.