- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Great Expectations - short summary and review
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Charles Dickens and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Additional Material - Great Expectations
Title: Great Expectations
Author: Charles Dickens
Type of Text: Novel
Pip was a common working boy; he was used to his status and was happy. But after he met the cold and proud Estelle, he fell foolishly in love with her. He became ashamed of himself, ashamed of his family and ashamed of his work. That was when he discovered his "great expectations". A few years later, Pip was told that he was chosen to inherit a great fortune, whose name must remain a secret until that person decided to tell Pip himself. Pip foolishly thought that it must be Miss Havisham, who made him an apprentice to Joe Gargery - his sister 's husband and his friend. Pip, amazed by his luck, was soon moved to London to start a new life. During that period, Pip discovered the real person who was generous to him - a convict whom he helped a long time ago. Pip also discovered that Estella, the girl he loved, was indeed the daughter of Magwhich. Magwhich was captured by the police later, but before he was sentenced, Magwhich died peacefully in jail after
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Great Expectations (view all)
- Discuss the role of Joe Gargery in Great Expectations.
- Evaluation of Estella from 'Great Expectations'.
- Great Expectations- Miss Havisham
- Examine the development and effects of the relationship betw...
- 'I sometimes have sick fancies...I want to see some play...'...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.