- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Hamlet's strengths and weaknesses
The first 200 words of this essay...
'We admire Hamlet as much for his weaknesses as for his strengths.' -Jessica McGrath
Hamlet is a very complex character who changes a lot throughout the play. In fact I think that somewhere along the lines, he loses his sanity. If I am right then he would be an insane person, pretending to be insane, making it very hard for the audience (including myself) to have any definite feelings towards him. He does a lot of things which would normally be considered unforgivable, but given the circumstances, he still manages to be loved by the reader / audience and we feel sorry for him when he dies. His personality is similar in the sense that it is complex. He has strengths and weaknesses, things we like and things we don't like, but we still love him even if he is a murderer, and verbally attacks his mother and girlfriend. We also gain insight to some of his redeeming qualities. He is loved so much by the general danish population that Claudius considers him a threat to his kingship even when Hamlet has adopted an antic disposition. If his is so then he must be loved for a reason.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hamlet (view all)
- For Stream of Consciousness mainly "interior monologue...
- How do Hamlet's Soliloquies reveal his Changing thoughts and...
- What is the importance of the Soliloquies in Hamlet? Do they...
- Personal Responce to Hamlet
- What are your first impressions on Hamlet in Act I scene II?
- Explore some of the ways in which Shakespeare creates a sens...
- Is Hamlet Really Insane?
- As Hamlet thinks about the afterlife, he grows less and less...
- Commentary on a poor example of an essay on Hamlet's madnes...
- Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5. Analysis of Hamlet's conversation with...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.