- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How do the boys organise themselves in chapters 1 and 2 in “Lord of the Flies” by William Golding?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How do the boys organise themselves in chapters 1 and 2 in "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding?
In the first two chapters of Lord Of The Flies, W.Golding introduces us to two characters and shows how they begin to organise themselves. He also shows how the different characters have very different attitudes toward the situation and lead for organisation.
In the beginning of the novel we are introduced to the first characters: Ralph and Piggy. Ralph is wandering through the forest and Piggy is running after him. You would expect after a plane crash to not have any care in the world apart from how do they get off the island, but Piggy doesn't. "The fair boy stopped and jerked his stockings with an automatic gesture which made the jungle seem for a moment like Home Countries" Piggy has his own habits and even though he is stranded he still thinking of his habits. Together Ralph and Piggy discuss what has happened and Ralph decides that the only thing matters, "No grown-ups!"
It shows that Ralph isn't bothered and Piggy is smart and observing. "When we was coming down I looked through one
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
William Golding (view all)
- Less Obvious Symbols in Lord of the Flies
- How much Sympathy do you have for Piggy in Chapter One?
- Lord of the flies. How does Golding make Simon such a signi...
- How did the Police try to catch Jack the Ripper?
- Lord of the Flies
- Golding - Lord of the Flies extract - confronting the beast.
- I will explore how the themes of civilisation and barbarity ...
- Lord of the Flies -Symbolism and the Character of Jack.
- Macbeth by Shakespeare and Lord of the Flies by William Gold...
- How Does Golding Use The Island As A Character In Lord Of Th...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.