- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How do the makers of Shrek use presentational devices to reverse the tradition of fairytales to reveal the ogre as good and the prince as evil?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How do the makers of "Shrek" use presentational devices to reverse the tradition of fairytales to reveal the ogre as good and the prince as evil?
In traditional fairy tales, ogres are man-eating beasts. The prince usually rescues the princess, they marry and live happily ever after. How do the makers of 'Shrek' use presentational devices to reverse this tradition, to reveal the Ogre as good, and the Prince as evil?
In this essay I am going to analyse the characters of Shrek and Lord Farquaad and write about how the film makers use different interpretations making Shrek as good and the Prince as evil to create an unusual fairytale.
In traditional fairytales they start with an elaborate book which opens up to tell the story, gradually each page of the book turns to reveal the next page. The book starts by telling the reader the background about the fairytale "Once upon a time there lived a lovely princess" with beautifully painted illustrations.
In traditional fairytales such as 'Snow White and the seven dwarfs' the witch casts and evil spell upon Snow White, a handsome prince rescues Snow White and she is freed from the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
JRR Tolkien (view all)
- Literary criticism of the literacy elements in "the Hob...
- Comparison of 'Cousin Kate' and 'The Seduction'
- Fantasy films often take us in to a different world and away...
- In the Grimm fairytale "The Lady and The Lion," L....
- Knights in the Middle Ages.
- Lord of the Rings book report. Plot outline and themes.
- The Hobbit
- Lord of the Rings
- Book report on The Lord of the Rings, part oneThe Fellowship...
- The Hobbit
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.