- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How does Peter Medak gain the viewer's sympathy for Derek Bentley in this Film?p
The first 200 words of this essay...
How does Peter Medak gain the viewer's sympathy for
Derek Bentley in this Film?
Peter Medak made this film to show what he thinks happened in the case. He also made this film to show what happens from Derek Bentley's point of view.
The film that Medak made is biased in favour of Derek Bentley. Medak made the film in such a way that the viewer feels sympathy for Bentley.
The film is about Derek Bentley who is mentally challenged. He meets a gangster called Chris Craig. They both try to break into the warehouse, but they are caught by the police. Derek & Chris are both found guilty. Derek Bentley the older of the two was hanged and Chris was sent to prison.
The film that Medak had created started with Derek under a pile of rubble and people taking the rubble off him. The camera zooms into his face and the frame is filled with his face. The scene where Derek is in the approved school is very effective at gaining the viewer's sympathy. The lighting is low key which makes the mood of the approved school sombre.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Lieutenant Of Inishmore
- Analysis on the character of Margot Frank
- Look carefully at chapter 11 of Heroes and show how Robert C...
- Porphyria's lover analysis
- An inspector calls Arthur Birling Analysis
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.