- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How does the relationship betweenMacbeth and Lady Macbeth develop and change throughout the play?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How does the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth develop and change throughout the play?
Macbeth was one of Shakespeare's last plays that he wrote in Elizabethan times somewhere between 1606 and 1611, but the actual play was set in Medieval Scotland. The play as the title suggests was set around Macbeth, his wife and their ever growing ambitions and desires. The play begins when Macbeth meets three witches and is given three prophecies - one of which is that he will be king. Macbeth tells his wife the news and she persuades him to kill Duncan the present king. Macbeth then becomes king, but extremely paranoid with it so he has Banquo (his friend who also saw the witches) murdered. Macbeth returns to the witches who give him three more predictions in the form of riddles which later like the first prophecies also, come true. Macbeth then has
Macduff 's family killed so Scotland rises against him. Lady Macbeth dies and Macbeth dies soon after at the hands of Macduff.
In act 1 scene 5 Lady Macbeth receives her husband's letter about his victory in battle and his unexpected meeting with the three witches and their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Macbeth (view all)
- What dramatic techniques are used in Shakespeare’s ...
- Macbeth Act 1 Scene 7
- How does Lady Macbeth change throughout the play, "Macb...
- Shakespeare's use of imagery in 'Macbeth'
- The Witches Are to Blame for Macbeth's downfall
- I will construct an analysis of the two main female characte...
- How does Shakespeare use the relationship between Macbeth an...
- Explore the way the theme of the supernatural is presented i...
- Arthur Millers play The Crucible and William Shakespeares pl...
- How Do The Witches Create Confusion In "Macbeth"?
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.