- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How is fate used by Shakespeare, in the Tempest, to change and control the range of characters, using Prospero's power and his magic? In Literature, Destiny or Fate is a source of irony in literature;
The first 200 words of this essay...
AS English Literature, Shakespeare
WRITTEN ESSAY (DRAFT) - THE TEMPEST
How is fate used by Shakespeare, in the Tempest, to change and control the range of characters, using Prospero's power and his magic?
In Literature, Destiny or Fate is a source of irony in literature; where the characters may act without realising the destiny that the audience or reader is aware of. This is very much true to that of the plot in the Tempest. Shakespeare has used Prospero's craft of magic, his great source of power, to influence and change the fates of other characters in the play; for personal gain or for the good of others. His personal gain is seen by his plan to use his power and magic for his vengeance against his brother Antonio, whom usurped his throne. For non-selfish reasons, he uses his power and magic to unite and create love between Miranda and Ferdinand throughout the play. Throughout the play, neither of the characters are fully aware of Prospero's tempting with their fates, but only the audience are completely aware of it.
The Tempest with which the play opens is the result of Prospero's control of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
The Tempest (view all)
- An Analysis of the relationship between Caliban and Prospero...
- Prospero is a powerful character. What impression does the a...
- Prospero and Miranda's relationship in the Tempest is a stro...
- How does Shakespeare use language to convey Prospero's chara...
- The Tempest Prospero as a contrasting, multi-faceted charact...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.