- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How the Key Characters change as the play progresses? How do their relationship progress?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Amish Gandhi 09.10.2001
How the Key Characters change
as the play progresses?
How does their relationship progress?
What am I?-Rita
FRANK (looking for administration pictures) Now you are?-Frank
I'm a what?-Rita
FRANK LOOKS UP AND THEN RETURNS TO THE PAPERS..."
This is the start of the relationship, which leads to the witty yet serious story of two opposites, written by Willy Russell. The play "Educating Rita" depicts the integration of two societies, with Rita who is a dissatisfied hairdresser, who comes to Frank (a middle-aged tutor), in search of educational enlightenment.
Rita enters the play as a typical young, working class girl, with a deep desire to change her life. Not to merely make new friends, or become educated, she wants to leave most of her entire past life behind and make a completely fresh start. Rita explains that before she just carried on with life and if anything was getting too much of the same, she would just go out and buy another dress.
She has now realised however, that she is twenty-six years old, married and yet has no
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Educating Rita (view all)
- relationship between frank and rita in educating rita
- How Does Willy Russell Convey the Class difference between R...
- Educating Rita: How does Willy Russell present the developme...
- Educating Rita: Rita Character Analysis
- Educating Rita. How the character of Rita changes.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.