- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
I Looked Up In Dismay
- Essay length: 4979 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
I looked up in dismay to see that the alarm clock read 12:32 p.m.. "Incredible." I said. The one day I had actually set my alarm it didn't even wake me. I got up, stepped on a shoe, then kicked it across the room forgetting that I needed to wear it later. "Damn shoe." I uttered with useless dismay.
The computer was my next stop. I had a set pattern while getting on the computer. First check the e-mail, delete the useless stuff, read the useful stuff, then reply to the ones I actually gave a damn about. Today was different though. I got into my e-mail and noticed a "Barnes and Nobles" ad. I clicked it revealing the elaborate backgrounds that these places always took the effort to use to catch the eye of the customer. One knows the ploys and the "special one-time deals" that these places always gave out. I noticed an offer that oddly stuck out at me. "Gladiator" only $10.99 for the special limited edition. "Cool" I thought. "Always loved that movie".
A years ago was when I had first seen it at my father's. I didn't want to watch
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- Me, myself and my dreams
- Descriptive writing. Scene at a busy market place
- Describe the scene of a school lunch hall
- My Nightmare
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.