- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Imagine you are the director of the play A taste of honey by Shelagh Delany . What impressions of the female characters do you want to create?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Imagine you are the director of the play "A taste of honey " by Shelagh Delany . What impressions of the female characters do you want to create?
"A Taste of Honey" is set in the city of Salford . Shelagh Delany was born in 1939 and was seventeen when she began to write the novel .The reason she wrote this is because people had bad ideas about people from the north but in actual fact they are alive and cynical "A Taste of Honey" was accepted by loan littlewood they both believed that plays should be about ordinary people. The play came to the east end of London in May 1958 going to the west end early the following year.
This play has kitchen sink realism in it. This is when things on the theatre were based on social people with ordinary lives. These were set in the north of England based in council houses and pubs . An example of this is "shameless" but it's not a perfect example although it has got elements of realism in it.
My first impressions is that Helen is not a very good mother and she
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- London Riots Coursework
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Write a magazine article persuading teenagers to stop smokin...
- Creative Writing: A Newspaper Invites Young People to write ...
- Fundraising Letter. I am delighted to inform you that we ar...
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- Homophobia. Many people base their assertions that being ga...
- Should DIY drugs testing kits be used by parents?
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Zoey. University Student.