- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In An Inspector Calls how does J.B. Priestley use dramatic devices to convey his concerns and ideas to the members of the audience, as well as interest and involve them in his play?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Manuella Haddad 10.7
An Inspector Calls
In 'An Inspector Calls' how does J.B. Priestley use dramatic devices to convey his concerns and ideas to the members of the audience, as well as interest and involve them in his play?
'An Inspector Calls' was written in 1945 but was set in1912 by J.B Priestly. Priestley proposes equality. The Inspector speaks about them all being the same. 'We are members of one body'. Priestley's use of the word 'body' shows that we are all connected and linked. Everyone needs to work together.
The Inspector wants to teach the Birlings how to be more responsible and that money and class is not going to make you a better person and should change their attitudes towards the working class after he had spoken to them to change.
In 1945 he wanted people to be equal and not be separated by rigid class or gender and boundaries for people to earn a more valued place in society.
Priestley deliberately set his play in 1912 because the date represented an era when all was very different from the time he was writing. In 1912, rigid class
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
J.B. Priestley (view all)
- Discuss The Role Of Eric Birling In The Play: An Inspector C...
- Discussthe role of the Inspector in the play 'An Inspector C...
- The apportioning of blame and responsibility are central the...
- EVA Smith's DIARY ENTRIES
- Priestley presents ideas about responsibility in an 'An Insp...
- An Inspector Calls: Do you think Mrs Birling is more to blam...
- An Inspector Calls Extract - Act One. W h a t d o e s t ...
- Explore the Development of the Character of Sheila in 'An In...
- How does Priestly portray Mr Birling in Act 1?
- How is Eva Smith presented in the play? What is the function...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.