- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In the short stories A Great Day by Frank Sargeson and The Sniper by Liam OFlaherty the main characters are both murderers. In A Great Day, Fred is the character whom I found interesting
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe ONE character or individual in EACH text whom you found interesting. Explain how the writer made the character or individual interesting to you in EACH text.
In the short stories "A Great Day" by Frank Sargeson and "The Sniper" by Liam O'Flaherty the main characters are both murderers. In "A Great Day," Fred is the character whom I found interesting because even though he is imaged small and strengthless compared to Ken who is big and muscular, Fred plans his spiteful, unprovoked murder. In "The Sniper," the Sniper is also the main character who murders people. I found the Sniper interesting because even though he seemed to be a villain killing all the people around him but he didn't really have a choice about whether he wanted to kill them or not.
In Sargeson's "A Great day" the main character Fred is described as "this was so little of him and the clothes he wore had belonged to someone considerably bigger than he was." Throughout the whole story, internal conflict confronts Fred. He continuously goes on and on about how Ken has the positive features when he has the negative features. It is obvious to the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Other Authors (view all)
- Analysis of A Hero by R.K Narayan
- The Vendetta Short Story Analysis
- To what extent are the characters in "Heroes" by R...
- Heroes by Robert Cormier How does the relationship between ...
- Discuss Nick Hornby s presentation of Marcus in chapters 1-1...
- What do we learn about the state of the country from the ope...
- Analysis of The Telegram a short story by writer Iain Crich...
- Charles by Shirley Jackson Analysis
- "Father and Son". Bernard MacLavertys use of a var...
- Analysis of "The Destructors" by Graham Greene
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.