- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Longstone - creative writing
The first 200 words of this essay...
The wind howled and huge waves struck the break water at Seahouses harbour. The small fisherman's cottages that made up most of the coastal village shook with each onslaught from the vicious storm. Most of the men of the village had gone for the safety of their local pub, Ye Olde Ship, to wait out the storm.
However, no one touched their drink now, as the patrons of Ye Olde Ship were staring out of the harbour side window and over the stormy sea. There loomed the Farne Island. Normally a place of ill-repute, avoided by local fishermen and regarded with fear, today it looked doubly threatening. Ten foot waves pounded the cliff face of the north side and lightening flashed above. The rocks clawed at the sky, hungry for the blood of sailors. Many lives had been lost around the Farne Island, there were countless submerged rocks and dangerous currents waiting to catch the unwary and carry them to a watery grave.
But that was not what was commanding the attention of the men in the tavern. No it was Longstone lighthouse sitting upon the Farne Island that was so captivating. Tall
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
George Eliot (view all)
- Bernard Malamud, "A Summer's Reading
- "Discuss some themes and characteristics of T.S.Eliot's...
- George Eliot is credited for a style of writing that brings ...
- Discuss The Importance of Loneliness in the Novel Silas Marn...
- "Life as a House"
- How well does George Eliot establish the setting in the firs...
- The Gift of Children in "Silas Marner". What does ...
- Show how Silas Marner is drawn back into society with the co...
- How Does Eliot Portray The Class System In The Novel "S...
- Silas Marner - The Bonding of Silas and Eppie in Chapter 19.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.