- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Look at a particular episode/incident in the novel and focus on what that episode shows us about women. (Pride And Prejudice)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Look at a particular episode/incident in the novel and focus on what that episode shows us about women.
Jane Austen, the author of Pride And Prejudice was born in 1775 and was the youngest of seven children. She was tall, slender, with brown hair and everyone liked her. Although several men proposed to her, she always refused them.
Jane Austen is similar to Elizabeth in the story; Elizabeth also has 2 marriage proposals and turns them down. Both women have more modern views on life. I think that this is important in many ways, as through her writing, Jane Austen can get her views across. I think that Elizabeth was created in the story to symbolize Jane Austen and her views. Within this story, I have noticed that Jane Austen has included no physical description of any of the characters; I think this is because she wishes to create stereotypes. Also, there is no mention of the outside world e.g. at the time of the story, there was a war going on, but she creates her own little world in the story free of any political events or wars etc. almost as if she is trying to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Jane Austen (view all)
- An exploration of Men and Women's relationships in Jane Aust...
- Jane Austen's use of letters in 'Pride and Prejudice' ...
- Satire and irony in Pride and Prejudice.
- The theme of love and marriage in "Pride and Prejudice&...
- Discuss the relationship between Charlotte Lucas and Mr Coll...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.