- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Macbeth (Analysis of The Banquet Scene)
The first 200 words of this essay...
How does Shakespeare use dramatic devices in Act III, Scene IV of Macbeth in order to make it such an interesting, exciting and important scene?
Shakespeare's play Macbeth is one of Shakespeare's greatest tragedies. Being a tragedy, the play's most fundamental theme is the power that an ambition or idea can possess over someone. This theme is highlighted in the behaviour of the two main characters in the play, Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. The idea of becoming king is heavily cemented into Macbeth's head by the prophecies of the witches and his desire for power takes over. Lady Macbeth, on the other hand, pursues her goals with greater determination, but in the end she cannot take responsibility for her immoral actions.
Another important theme is the relationship between evil and masculinity. Lady Macbeth manages to manipulate her husband into carrying out his wicked acts by questioning his manhood; she herself wishes that she could be 'unsexed' and become a man. Macbeth learns this skill and is able to do the same to the murderers that kill Banquo. During the play, it seems that manhood is associated with raw physical aggression.
On the other hand,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Macbeth (view all)
- What dramatic techniques are used in Shakespeare’s ...
- How does Lady Macbeth persuade Macbeth to kill the King?
- The Witches Are to Blame for Macbeth's downfall
- Commentary Act 3 scene 6 - Macbeth.
- Analysis of the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbet...
- I will construct an analysis of the two main female characte...
- How does Shakespeare use the relationship between Macbeth an...
- Explore the way the theme of the supernatural is presented i...
- Arthur Millers play The Crucible and William Shakespeares pl...
- How Do The Witches Create Confusion In "Macbeth"?
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Zoey. University Student.