- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
As Edward George Earle Lytton said:" Ambition has no rest". Ambition is an ardent desire for rank, fame, or power. Macbeth is an impeccable novel, which beholds a lot of interesting morals and ethics. It portrays the most important desire of all people, ambition and what it brings about from good and bad. Shakespeare, with his genius writing showed ambition in many manners throughout the story. Ambition drives people to do things, both good and bad, which they otherwise might not do. Malcolm, Macduff, Lady Macbeth, and Macbeth himself all depicted the reality of ambition in its different behaviors.
Macbeth, the foremost important character in the story was an ordinary family man with limited power. He obtained the title, Thane Of Glamis through hard work and determination. This however changes, when Macbeth encounters three witches and hears their predictions of his future, in which he's going to be entitled The Thane Of Cawdor and then crowned King. Shocked, yet blissful, Macbeth's ambition starts to appear. Hearing of such news, Lady Macbeth encourages Macbeth to go about and kill the King. This shows that her ambition is far greater than her husband, since she initially took the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Macbeth (view all)
- Lady Macbeth's Character in Macbeth.
- 'Lady Macbeth is the most interesting and disturbed characte...
- Creative writing - MacDuff's monologue
- Relevance of Macbeth Today
- How does Shakespeare present Lady Macbeth's character and ho...
- Macbeth Act 1 Scene 1 Analysis
- How does the character of Macbeth change from Act 1:3 to act...
- Macbeth's disturbed character, corruption and downfall.
- The letter, read alone by Lady Macbeth, reiterates the witch...
- Paying particular attention to act 1 scene 5 & 7, analys...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student