- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"Manwatching" by Georgia Garrett and "First Ice" by Andrei Voznesensky
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and Contrast
"Manwatching" by Georgia Garrett and
"First Ice" by Andrei Voznesensky
We have analysed two poems about rejection and Betrayal. Although both have similar themes, the atmospheres are different. In "Manwatching" by Georgia Garrett, the first poem we looked at, the feeling was of anger and betrayal whereas in "First Ice" by Andrei Voznesensky the feelings were of hurt and loneliness.
In "Manwatching" a girl is at a party. She is watching her boyfriend looking at another girl. The Girl is watching the two people flirting and feeling angry and betrayed.
In "First Ice" It is describing the moment after a girl has been rejected by a partner. It doesn't tell you anything about how the rejection came about, it describes the girl and the feeling of coldness and loneliness.
The titles of both poems are in context. They don't lead you to think that what happens is going to happen. I thought that "Manwatching" suggests stalking not knowing someone and watching them closely. Its suggested to me that it could have something to do with assassination and killing.
"First ice" tells you it is the first time something
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparisons (view all)
- Compare how poets present the experience of soldiers in Bayo...
- 'Beeny Cliff' and 'On Wenlock Edge'
- The two poems I have chosen to study are The Evacuee by RS T...
- Comparing Disabled and Does It Matter?
- Compare the similarities and differences between two poems. ...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.