- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Montana 1948 traces David's journey from innocence to an awareness of the existence of evil. Discuss
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Montana 1948 traces David's journey from innocence to an awareness of the existence of evil. Discuss.
Larry Watson's novel 'Montana 1948' is undoubtedly a compelling tale about the young David Hayden's journey from innocence to an awareness of the existence of evil. During the tragic events which take place set against the 'Wild West' backdrop of the town of Bentrock, the Hayden family feud continues to smoulder. From this, we see David's loss of innocence, the presence of evil in the town community, and through all of this, his journey from one state of mind to another. However the novel is also one which focuses on other issues - the tireless efforts of parents to shield their children from reality and the painful getting of wisdom.
The novel traces the tragic events of August 1948 through the recollections of the adult David Hayden, whose loyalty to his parents had prevented him from writing about his traumatic loss of innocence until both had died. Despite the disgusting nature of his uncle's crimes, and the effect on the Hayden family, David brings to mind a series of memories of his parents who
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Educating Rita (view all)
- Educating Rita - Analyse the character frank and his attitud...
- Educating Rita: Rita Character Analysis
- Educating Rita Essay
- "In Montana 1948 by Larry Watson, Wesley Hayden is esse...
- Educating Rita - Read Act 1, Scene 1 and explain whether you...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.