- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"My grandmother", "Piano", "At Castle Boterel" are poems which are concentrated on the main idea of 'looking back".
The first 200 words of this essay...
"My grandmother", "Piano", "At Castle Boterel" are poems which are
concentrated on the main idea of `looking back". All three poems are
written in first person fully enabling the reader to understand the
poets experiences when they are reflecting back to their past. This
also helps the reader to get in touch with the emotions of the
writer. The images of their past are described in a detailed way
enabling the reader to experience the memory with them, showing us the
value and the importance of the poet's reflection.
The poem `My Grandmother' is the only negative experience poem out of
the three is .
about the poet expressing her regretful feelings to the reader about
her childhood, when she didn't spend much time with her grand mother
and refused the first and last offer to go out with her. "...how I
once refused to go out with her, since I was afraid"
`Piano' is a poem full of a warm, positive atmosphere which shows the
wonderful loving and caring
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Carol Ann Duffy (view all)
- Critical Analysis of
- Compare and contrast 'Anne Hathaway' and 'Frau Freud' in Duf...
- "Valentine" by Carol Ann Duffy is an unusual but v...
- Education for Leisure
- How has Duffy used classical myths in order to comment on th...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.