- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
My last duchess - original writing. We were running like the wind, our shoes dancing on the green grass, the winds direction changing from time to time as we changed foot. We had to hold on to the front of our long dresses but that just made us e
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Come on Melanie, try and beat me!" I cried. It was another bright, sunny day. The sunshine was bright enough to tear us apart, but even that wasn't enough to stop us. Me and my bright, beautiful, innocent girls were leaping with laughter. Our beautiful dresses were each amazingly made to exactly fit and cling to our bodies; to show our exact curves. But were they suitable for a running competition? We didn't give a world's thought about that. We were running like the wind, our shoes dancing on the green grass, the wind's direction changing from time to time as we changed foot. We had to hold on to the front of our long dresses but that just made us even prettier, every time we tripped and managed to just hold on, our face turned towards the betting men who were eagerly waiting to see who won. They would just nod as wise as an owl and then cheer. I ran as fast as I could, I was usually pretty good at running. Even though being a lady, I fancied quite a few things I wasn't meant to, but "Oh well!". Life is life.
The men were
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Robert Browning (view all)
- The Laboratory by Robert Browning
- How does Robert Browning use language and structure to creat...
- Porphyria's Lover by Robert Browning - an Analysis and explo...
- Examine Browning's use of the dramatic monologue in 'Porphyr...
- Critical appreciation of Robert Browning poems.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.