- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
The sun begins to rise gradually, spilling golden rays of light over the soaring mountains. A gentle breeze drifts through the lush forest as flocks of birds emerge from its depths, performing spectacular aerial displays in the dazzling morning sky. Down below, the sleeping village, tucked away inside the green valley, awakens to the sound of thundering church bells. Suddenly it is teeming with life as the villagers appear, welcoming the new day and attending to their daily morning affairs.
An old woman rides a grey donkey in the narrow, cobbled streets. Her hair is an aging, soft gray, her brown, wrinkly skin sags on her frail frame-she is old and crippled yet her black eyes, bright and twinkling, are full of joy and kindness. Behind her, a man with a moustache whistles merrily whilst taking his reluctant sheep to graze in the nearby pastures beside the lazy river. In the surrounding houses, people sit under shady vine trees, eating refreshing watermellon and grandfathers engage themselves in games of backgammon and cards.
As the day progresses however, the peaceful atmoshphere of the village is disturbed by the swarms of tourists who come to visit
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Coursework Assignment: Creative Writing
- Compare the two films "The Others and the "Turn of...
- The weather was not unusual this morning. London had just re...
- the boy in the striped pyjamas film review
- My Autobiography.
- Writing to Describe, Narrate, Imagine: "Your Dream Hous...
- The Market (description)
- Racketeer - English Language creative writing
- How does the passage 'Taking on the World" portray Elle...
- The Beach (description)
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Zoey. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.