- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
non fiction - martial arts being taught in schools
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing to express my views and opinions about the subject of a martial art being taught in the national curriculums core Physical Education lessons. I think, and many statistics and evidence have supported this, that a martial art is a good way for students to gain confidence, stay healthy, learn a form of self defence and, it is proven that a martial art is a competent way to help relieve the stress levels caused by school work, exams and coursework. The current curricular consists of contact sports such as dodge ball, rugby, and lacrosse. It also has non-contact sports such as swimming and tennis. There is no physical way to learn to defend oneself taught in core PE lessons. Yet it is included in the current extra curricular activities, which are hosted by the schools.
It has been proven many times that school work increases the stress levels in teenagers due to the controlled, hardworking and quiet environments. These may seem strange to become stressed in, but the quiet environment and controlled atmosphere there are no possible ways to gain aid from peers. Although there will be less distractions due
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write a Newspaper article about a TV advert you love or loat...
- Persuasive letter to headteacher
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Creative Writing: A Newspaper Invites Young People to write ...
- Fundraising Letter. I am delighted to inform you that we ar...
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- Homophobia. Many people base their assertions that being ga...
- Should DIY drugs testing kits be used by parents?
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'