- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Of Mice And Men
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Of Mice And Men'
Steinbeck's novel is a classic tale of dreamers who come back down to reality. This shows us the huge gap between reality and dream world. The other main theme of this story is friendship and loneliness. The story is set in California near Soledad. The main characters of the story are George, Lennie, Slim, Crooks, Curley, Curley's wife, and Candy.
The story makes an ideal film because it has all the factors of a great film. It has intrigue, suspense and action. Sinse's film begins with an exciting start showing what happened in weed, this is not shown in the novel.
By contrast, the novel starts with Lennie and George coming in and making their way to work and no one knows what happened in weed. Then they come to the 'brush' were they sleep and George tells Lennie that if he ever gets into trouble then he should come back to the 'brush' and wait for him to come. This is very important with what happens later.
The mood is calmer in the novel than in the film at the beginning. The film does this for excitement
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Steinbeck (view all)
- How does Steinbeck present the character of Crooks...
- Conflict is often shown throughout the novella of 'Of Mice a...
- How does Steinbeck use animals to show the themes in "O...
- Of Mice and Men – How does Steinbeck use symbolism ...
- The Outsider (Of Mice and Men)
- How does Steinbeck make his portrayal of Curleys wife so mem...
- In "Of Mice and Men" is Curley's Wife a Hero or a ...
- In the Novella, Of Mice and Men", Steinbeck introduces...
- How does Steinbeck present the hope of dream in contrast to ...
- 'Crooks is the loneliest person on the ranch, explore'
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.