- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Of mice and Men Chapter Summary
The first 200 words of this essay...
Of Mice and Men Chapter summary
George and Lennie are two migrant American labourers. Lennie is huge and very strong but has the intellect of a child. George is a small but clever man.
Both men arrive in a clearing beside the Salinas River one evening. They had meant to arrive at a ranch where they were to work by this time, but their bus driver had tricked them into getting off the bus too early, and they had to walk a long way.
While they sit in the clearing, George instructs Lennie not to say a word when the Boss talks to them the following day, because he fears they won't be hired if Lennie is suspected of being stupid. Lennie promises not to say anything.
While the two men talk, we learn a little about their past. They had to flee the town of Weed after Lennie had got into some trouble there.
The two men set up camp in the clearing. They heat up some beans to eat, and then they continue their conversation. During this conversation, it is revealed that in Weed, Lennie had tried to feel a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Steinbeck (view all)
- The Significance of Slim in 'Of Mice and Men.'
- Conflict is often shown throughout the novella of 'Of Mice a...
- Relationship between George and Lennie in Of Mice of Men
- Loneliness In Of Mice and Men
- Explore the Character Candy in "Of Mice and Men".
- Of Mice and Men Chapter One : how does Steinbeck present the...
- Explore the presentation of George and Lennies relationship ...
- How does Steinbeck explore different attitudes to women in O...
- Animal Imagery in 'Of Mice and Men'
- Describe the relationships in "Of mice and men".
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.