- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Of Mice and Men' written by John Steinbeck set in California near Soledad in the 1930's on two men called George and Lennie who travel together from ranch to ranch trying to make their life like the " American Dream"
The first 200 words of this essay...
John Steinbeck - "Of Mice and Men" Coursework
'Of Mice and Men' written by John Steinbeck set in California near Soledad in the 1930's on two men called George and Lennie who travel together from ranch to ranch trying to make their life like the " American Dream" what Lennie shares with George. During this time there was a depression in America, which meant unemployment and Racism was high so men had to go to different ranches. Racism and bad employment at this time in the United States was called "The Great Depression." After The Great Depression, World War 2 had started and John Steinbeck decided to write the book "Of Mice and Men" what was influenced also by a poet called Robert Burns who was Scottish and also had released a book in the past. Later "Of Mice And Men" was published in 1937.
The American Dream in the U.S.A is thought to be for any American to go through hard work and courage to achieve the goal of their life leading them to success. Lennie and Georges Dream was to own a farm house with lots of chickens and rabbits.
"The American Depression" what had
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Steinbeck (view all)
- Conflict is often shown throughout the novella of 'Of Mice a...
- The Significance of Slim in 'Of Mice and Men.'
- Explore the way in which Steinbeck presents the relationship...
- What methods does Steinbeck use in this passage to present C...
- Of Mice and Men - Crooks Monologue
- Of Mice and Men Chapter One : how does Steinbeck present the...
- Explore the presentation of George and Lennies relationship ...
- How does Steinbeck explore different attitudes to women in O...
- Animal Imagery in 'Of Mice and Men'
- Describe the relationships in "Of mice and men".
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.