- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Once Upon A Mind-numbingly Mediocre Morning
The first 200 words of this essay...
Once Upon a Mind-numbingly Mediocre Morning
It was a particularly bleak view that greeted Jemima when she woke from an exceptionally uninspiring dream and ripped apart her curtains. Groaning both inwardly and outwardly at the prospect of another nondescript, uneventful day at school, she wrenched open her door and stomped downstairs.
"Morning, love" sang her mother in contradicting bright tones, placing a plate of toast (lightly done and smothered in jam) in front of her first-born.
Jemima grumbled under her breath, threw herself into a chair, and proceeded to stuff the toast down her throat.
When she had finished, Jemima turned to her mother and said grumpily, "I need money for lunch today."
"I gave you money at the weekend!" replied her mother, her bright tones becoming steadily exasperated. "You can't have spent it all already..."
She received a long stare.
"I needed new jeans."
"You spent SIXTY POUNDS on JEANS?!"
Jemima groaned again. "Fine, I'll starve," she moaned and stomped back upstairs to get dressed.
Forty minutes later found Jemima ringing the bell of an
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- Me, myself and my dreams
- Descriptive writing. Scene at a busy market place
- Describe the scene of a school lunch hall
- A slave's diary.
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.