- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
One Bright Light
The first 200 words of this essay...
One bright light
Too dark. Too warm. Yet too wet. Somehow, he felt he was living through dé ja vu of the nightmare of his whole existence. He shrugged the thought off and shook his head, not wanting to believe his thoughts. Then suddenly smiled within himself. How absurd he was acting. He was now laughing out loud, not even realising himself, amazed. How can anyone go through what he and the others had been through? A quick flash of their 'adventures' passed his mind, and he quietly prayed and wished, that never, ever, again, would any boy have to go through those ordeals. For the third time, he laughed, of his thought of actually believing, for however short that second had been, that he could have possibly have gone through all that for a second time, no, he was acting crazy, he assured himself, and yet again laughed. But this time he got a very unexpected reply
"You ok cuz, not worried are ya?"
He replied the question with a silent smile, yet he knew it was powerful enough to answer without words. They continued to walk quietly through the rain.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
William Golding (view all)
- Lord of the Flies
- Lord of the flies. How does Golding make Simon such a signi...
- How does Golding present his characters in the opening chapt...
- Fear of the Unknown- Lord of the Flies
- Less Obvious Symbols in Lord of the Flies
- Golding - Lord of the Flies extract - confronting the beast.
- I will explore how the themes of civilisation and barbarity ...
- Lord of the Flies -Symbolism and the Character of Jack.
- Macbeth by Shakespeare and Lord of the Flies by William Gold...
- How Does Golding Use The Island As A Character In Lord Of Th...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.