- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
One of the Unsung ‘Few’.
The first 200 words of this essay...
One of the Unsung 'Few'
When my grand father died, his personal effects were left within the possession of my father which was all placed in a safe compartment in the attic. One day in the attic, I came across a rather strange diary belonging to my grandfather. Casually, yet curiously, I took a glance into the context and was drawn upon a familiar date with which my grandfather had always acknowledged to have been one of the proudest days of his life. The entry for that day was named by the date of the day: 16th of August 1940 and began with the very line of 'It was a very bright day; in fact, a brilliant day for German bombing if I do say so myself.' He revealed that he was stationed at Manston and that it was his very 'first posting' after graduating from air training. It would also be his first 'sortie' against the Hums. All the fellow pilots were sitting apprehensively. For someone only new to the scenario, Grandpa was already feeling the aura of angst around the camp which could also be depicted from the many pale looking faces of the pilots as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- Me, myself and my dreams
- Descriptive writing. Scene at a busy market place
- Language Analysis. Jamie Oliver is the only person talking ...
- All my sons - Five Quotes for Each Character
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.