- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Original Writing - The Beast
The first 200 words of this essay...
22nd of June 2006, 10:30am. I, along with thousands of others, have been waiting for this moment for years. This was the most important time of my life. Nothing, not even the world cup final, could make me feel what I was feeling now. The excitement, the thrill, the adrenaline.
Over my shoulder I heard the unmistakable sound of screams coming from the petrified passengers. I spun around, hoping to catch a glimpse of the monster that I would be boarding shortly, but no. It had shot off at a remarkable speed around the corner and had disappeared into the darkness of its tunnel. Then I heard its roar again. It had found its way round the winding track, and flew past me like a bullet from a gun. I leapt back in shock, and I could feel my heart in my throat. Then there was silence. It had stopped. I could see it parked as twenty-six more people bravely stepped into it and strapped themselves in. Their faces demonstrated how afraid they were. Each one of them had fear in their eyes. I could tell, just by looking, that this ride is not
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Descriptive Writing Of A Beach
- Me, myself and my dreams
- Descriptive writing. Scene at a busy market place
- Language Analysis. Jamie Oliver is the only person talking ...
- All my sons - Five Quotes for Each Character
- Gold: A Creative Essay
- My Experience of Immigration
- This Thing of Darkness (Recreating a line from Shakespeare a...
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""Zoey. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student