- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Palms, beautiful beaches, parties, dancers, cabarets... Was that what Cuba was?
The first 200 words of this essay...
By Giovanni Berzuini
Palms, beautiful beaches, parties, dancers, cabarets...
Was that what Cuba was? Seemed pretty good at first sight, but nothing much different from other holiday resorts me and my family have been to in the past few years. I mean, not criticising but, I don t think it s worth all the fuss my dad is making about it: " It' s different, it's different from other places", that's what my dad is being saying for the last three weeks. These words have echoed in my ears like thunder since he had the mad idea of launching us into the middle of the Caribbean without a clue where to go or where to stay.
My mom doesn' t even try to challenge him anymore: he got this idea fixed in his head, and not even the best screwdriver in the world will be able to take it out.
" So guys, tomorrow's the big day, are you ready?" roared my dad, like an angry lion.
"We sure packed our staff, BUT I DON'T SEE HOW IT WILL BE OF ANY USE TO US,SINCE WE DON T EVEN HAVE A
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- Narrative essay 1
- How does Shakespeare show the changing relationship between ...
- We will be looking at spoken Language of TV chefs Nigella la...
- Coursework Assignment: Creative Writing
- Language use study -texting,spoken and online conversations...
- Story writing (Alien Mysteries Introduction)
- The novel, Looking for Alibrandi, the documentary, Australia...
- Writing about sibling rivalry
- The moment had passed - our school farewell party.
- A Walk Through The Woods
- Morning of the execution. Within a few hours, her brother w...
- Describe a person you admire. Though I have lived a colou...
- Supermarket Description - Sleek, automatic, glass doors slid...
- A Foreboding Night. Ian sat on the curb, his hands buried d...
- (Descriptive Writing) Describe the sights and sounds of a ma...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.