- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Persuasive Speech - Poverty
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
The gap between the world's rich and poor has never been wider. While wealthy individuals are relishing in a lavish life of luxury, millions are being forced to endure an insufferable daily reality of poverty, conflict and lack of food. For these disadvantaged people, the hunger is unrelenting and the desperation is overwhelming. The time for a drastic change has arrived. It is up to you and I to make a difference before a significant proportion of the world's population drown in an ocean of poverty. We must save lives.
Shockingly, a child dies every three seconds from AIDS and severe starvation. I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that this infant mortality rate is unacceptably high. Something must be done in order to help countless families escape the famine pandemic.
Unsurprisingly, there is sufficient food in the world to cater for everyone's needs. So why do so many find themselves ensnared by extreme poverty? Millions of people worldwide are trapped on an incessant downward spiral, frenetically fighting for food, education...and their lives. These people lack money; they are unable to purchase enough food to nourish themselves and their families. Inevitably, this continuous malnutrition
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Write a magazine article persuading teenagers to stop smokin...
- TV review - Why I love "Family Guy"
- Creative Writing: A Newspaper Invites Young People to write ...
- Fundraising Letter. I am delighted to inform you that we ar...
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- Homophobia. Many people base their assertions that being ga...
- Should DIY drugs testing kits be used by parents?
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.