- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Persuasive writing - Celebrity culture. Katie Price. She epitomises everything that is wrong with todays media culture. Why is she famous? Im not even sure I know the answer.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to English Language and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
A hundred years ago there were two Englands. One contained the rich people, the Lords, the Ladies, the power, the land and the money. And then there were the other people. The people who lived downstairs, the ones who worked day in, day out and barely scraped a living.
Nowadays, people say it is better. They say the gap between rich and poor is much smaller than it used to be. And this may be true in the facts and figures, but in reality, there are still two classes of people. The normal ones, who work, who have families, who live their lives. And the other people. The Shiny people. The Celebrities.
The word celebrity is banded about a bit these days, and sometimes it's hard to unpick what people really mean when they say it. In my opinion, not all 'household names' and famous people are celebrities. People like Helen Mirren and Stephen Fry are not celebrities. They are famous, of course. But that is only because they are good are their job, like many people in the world. And they just happen to do a job that involves being in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Write a magazine article persuading teenagers to stop smokin...
- TV review - Why I love "Family Guy"
- Creative Writing: A Newspaper Invites Young People to write ...
- Fundraising Letter. I am delighted to inform you that we ar...
- Argumentative Piece: Undermining of Teenagers By The Media
- Homophobia. Many people base their assertions that being ga...
- Should DIY drugs testing kits be used by parents?
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.