- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Read act 1, scene 1 and explain whether you think it is an effective way to start the play. Comment on - How Russell introduces the characters and themes. How he makes the scene dramatic and entertaining.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Read act 1, scene 1 and explain whether you think it is an effective way to start the play. Comment on:
* How Russell introduces the characters and themes.
* How he makes the scene dramatic and entertaining.
In the play of Educating Rita, which is written by Willy Russell, there is a student aged twenty-six years old who is a hairdresser and also is a working class called Rita. Rita lives with her husband called Denny however Rita and Denny love each other so very much. Denny wants Rita to have a baby but Rita is on a pill to stop from having a baby, but Denny does not know about it, but then finds out later in the play. Rita wants to explore herself and learn, that is why she goes to University to find a tutor to help her learn.
Willy Russell faced some problems when trying to introduce the play. He had to introduce 2 main characters, Rita and Frank. He introduced Rita as being really active and ambitious. It shows clearly when Rita enters Frank's room by saying "I'm comin' in, aren't I? It's that stupid bleedin' handle on
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Educating Rita (view all)
- Educating Rita - summary.
- 'El Tango de Roxanne' Moulin Rouge! Review
- Educating Rita Coursework
- What does Educating Rita gain and what does it lose from bei...
- Both Educating Rita and Pygmalion explore significant themes...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.