- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. vs. Francis Broadhurst
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dissecting an Argument
Authors demonstrate their arguments in many ways. Writers differ in their organization, mode of discourse, and style in making their arguments. An example is of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Francis Broadhurst's essays on the Cape Wind project. The respective essays are of the same topics but with opposing views. Both opinions are neither right nor wrong, it depends on how well the writer supports his case. Kennedy uses descriptions and examples to draw in the reader, while Broadhurst uses statistical evidence and studies to illustrate his point. Facts and research are powerful when speaking to scientists and politicians. But to the average reader and tourists that visit or live in the Nantucket Sound area, the pathos reasoning is far more relatable and hits close to home thus, it is more appealing. Ultimately, Kennedy's "An Ill Wind off Cape Cod" makes a stronger and more effective argument because he can manipulate his readers' prospective and outlook on the topic of the Cape Wind project through the organization of the essay, the mode of discourse, and the style in which the essay is written in.
Kennedy first begins to create an image of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Inform, Explain and Describe (view all)
- English Book Report. "Godless" by Pete Hautman. ...
- Language Analysis. Jamie Oliver is the only person talking ...
- Book report. It Happened to Nancy is an auto-biography Diary...
- Write the words of an article for a teenager magazine in whi...
- My Three Wishes
- Wider attitudes towards text messaging
- Creative Writing. The chief shouted his orders. Everyone ge...
- Dialectal spoken language - what are others attitudes toward...
- My Important Wrestling Match
- Im a lonely piece of writing. Give me a name. Im a story of ...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.