- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Romeo and Juliet - Balcony Scene
The first 200 words of this essay...
Romeo and Juliet-Balcony Scene
By Jon-Paul Hoey
In this essay, I will be modernising one of the most famous scenes in one of the most famous storys in the history of theatre, Romeo and Juliet. I will be modernising the Balcony Scene, this is very well known and at the same time a very misunderstood scene. Masses of people everyday are misunderstanding the balcony scene. I will be targeting the modernised scene at a young audience. I will be aiming to keep every person in the audience interested and their attention towards the stage.
The setting I have chosen is in Northern Ireland. I have chosen the setting because Northern Ireland is very well known for the wrong reasons such as the conflict between the two religious groups, Catholics and Protestants. I think this will work well for a modern audience because at this time in present there is most probably some form of violence or conflict going on between the two religions whether it be a simple argument or a riot. Also I think it would keep the audience's attention towards the stage because it is most likely that the people in the audience
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Romeo and Juliet (view all)
- How does Shakespeare convey strong emotion in act 1 scene 5
- Romeo's Diary Entries - Romeo and Juliet.
- Relationships between Parents and Children in Romeo and Juli...
- How does Shakespeare use imagery in his play Romeo and Julie...
- The theme of hatred in "Romeo and Juliet".
- How is love presented throughout Romeo and Juliet ?
- Who was responsible for the death of Juliet?
- Explore how the two feelings of love & duty conflict wit...
- Romeo and Juliet Analysis of Act 3 Scene 5
- Shakespeare: relationships between men and women in Romeo an...
- Compare and contrast the images of love in: Act I Scene V, A...
- Romeo and Juliet - how Juliet develops through the play.
- How does Shakespeare Present the Theme of Love in Romeo and ...
- 'How is Love Presented in Romeo and Juliet in Acts - 1 Sc 5;...
- Although centuries old Romeo and Juliet is still relevant to...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Zoey. University Student.