- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Several characters in Of Mice and Men are trapped or feel as if they are caught in a trap. How does Steinbeck show the causes and effects of being tapped?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to John Steinbeck and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Several characters in Of Mice and Men are trapped or feel as if they are caught in a trap.
How does Steinbeck show the causes and effects of being tapped?
Write about:' how and why different character feel trapped'
The different ways characters respond to being trapped how Steinbeck makes the reader feel admiration, dislike or pity for characters who are trapped
Look at the following pairs of relationships in Of Mice and Men:
Candy and his dog; Curly and his wife; George and Lennie. Write about these three relationships, showing how Steinbeck explores the needs that keeps relationships going, despite conflict and strain.
Steinbeck shows the causes and effects of being trapped by introducing George and Crooks in to the novel.
He introduces crooks racially but he didn't mean it racially. Crook was a black character and so he was isolated from everyone else. He wasn't allowed to mingle with the white boys as his father told him when he was younger. This must have made him feel isolated. He also must have felt racially prejudice because he couldn't live with the white people
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
John Steinbeck (view all)
- How does Steinbeck present the character of Crooks...
- Conflict is often shown throughout the novella of 'Of Mice a...
- How does Steinbeck make Lennie a sympathetic character?
- How does Steinbeck use the characters of Crooks and Curleys ...
- How does Stainbeck use the characters Curley's wife and croo...
- Of Mice and Men How does Steinbeck present ideas of heroism...
- The impossibility of the American Dream in Of Mice and Men b...
- In Of Mice and Men, the characters Candy and Crooks features...
- Of Mice and Men Chapter One : how does Steinbeck present the...
- Explore the presentation of George and Lennies relationship ...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.