- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
She's ready for surgery!", exclaimed Clara, my nurse, trying to overcome the deafening roar of the Alpha XH-1 helicopter
The first 200 words of this essay...
The blind and disheartened.
By Yoakim U
'She's ready for surgery!", exclaimed Clara, my nurse, trying to overcome the deafening roar of the Alpha XH-1 helicopter that had just landed nearby our clinic to deliver more clinical aid equipment. With great exhaustion from a difficult day of cataract surgeries, she continued, "She's got a degree of nuclear cataracts in both eyes! Lloyd, she's our last patient here!"
"OK!", I shouted loudly in response. I didn't even bother looking at the patient. I could feel that I was becoming insensitive and impatient. I was giving into my tiredness. It's the path that I often give into when I'm confronted by it. Despite my exhaustion and diminishing concentration, I turned around to see who the next patient was, for the sake of respect.
I could feel my impatience trying to dominate my life, just like how the war was dominating Liberia. But I didn't want my impatience to affect others, not like how the Liberian war affected Sierra Leone. "We need to perform this surgery swiftly and efficiently! We don't have much time on our side, and we need to get transferred to Masingbi as soon as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
H.G. Wells (view all)
- Discuss The Elements Of 'The Time Machine ' By H G Wells. Wh...
- “Although Science fiction must be inventive it stil...
- The Red Room - Analyse the short story 'The Red Room' by H.G...
- The Sniper.
- How does H.G. Wells use the medium of Science fiction to com...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.