- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
sherlock holmes characteristics
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sherlock Holmes characteristics
In matters of personal hygiene, by contrast, Holmes is described in The Hound of the Baskervilles as having a "cat-like" love of personal cleanliness. This in no way appears to hinder his intensely practical pursuit of his profession,
HE IS PRESENTED AS AN INDEPENDENT STUDENT OF CHEMISTRY WITH A VARIETY OF VERY CURIOUS SIDE INTERESTS, ALMOST ALL OF WHICH TURN OUT TO BE SINGLE-MINDEDLY BENT TOWARDS MAKING HIM SUPERIOR AT SOLVING CRIMES.
HOLMES MAINTAINS STRICT ADHERENCE TO SCIENTIFIC METHODS, AND FOCUSES ON LOGIC AND THE POWERS OF OBSERVATION AND DEDUCTION.
HE BELIEVES THAT THE MIND HAS A FINITE CAPACITY FOR INFORMATION STORAGE, AND SO LEARNING USELESS THINGS WOULD MERELY REDUCE HIS ABILITY TO LEARN USEFUL THINGS.
HOLMES WAS ALSO VERY PERCEPTIVE OF THE DRESS AND DEMEANOUR OF HIS CLIENTS AND OTHERS, NOTING STYLE AND STATE OF WEAR OF THEIR CLOTHES, ANY CONTAMINATION (SUCH AS CLAY ON BOOTS), THEIR STATE OF MIND AND PHYSICAL CONDITION IN ORDER TO INFER THEIR ORIGIN AND RECENT HISTORY. SKIN MARKS SUCH AS TATTOOS COULD REVEAL MUCH ABOUT THEIR PAST HISTORY. HE APPLIED THE SAME METHOD TO PERSONAL ITEMS SUCH AS WALKING STICKS (FAMOUSLY IN THE HOUND
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Writing to Argue, Persuade and Advise (view all)
- Write an essay to be published on your school website about ...
- Discursive Essay on School Leaving Age
- Don't get me started on... Bullying
- Persuasive Speech - Poverty
- Write a letter to a headteacher persuading him/her that all ...
- A right to reply - teenagers in the media letter.
- Why I Hate TV Talent Shows Article
- Report on the food and drinks available for students in your...
- Does Reality TV really portray reality?
- Feature Article Task - Teens and gangs.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student