- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Sherlock Holmes Coursework
The first 200 words of this essay...
Prose Study - Coursework
By Monica A.
Discuss, with reference to three of the Sherlock Holmes stories you have read, the statement that 'Holmes too often puts himself above the law'. In your response you should consider Holmes' relationship with the police.
The author of the famous Sherlock Holmes Stories was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 1859-1930. With his stories being entwined with many mysteries, Sherlock Holmes is the main character to solve them with his right-hand partner in solving these cases, Watson.
In my essay I will be referring to the three stories Sherlock Holmes stories, 'Silver Blaze', 'The Final Problem' and 'The Empty House'. I will also state my opinion on:
"Do you think Holmes too often puts himself above the law?"
In my perspective, I assume Holmes does but at the same time has the right too as most of time he is right however, feels too snobby at times and should accept those willing to help to solving the case also.
Sherlock Holmes is an honourable character, he is intellectually arrogant and, from this point of view, the reader gets the impression that Holmes considers himself to be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Arthur Conan Doyle (view all)
- Summary Of The Speckled Band
- Hounds Of The Baskervilles - The relationship between Sherlo...
- "Talking in Whispers" By James Watson conveys the ...
- The Characteristics of Sherlock Holmes
- Write a diary entry or entries as if you are Helen Stoner. R...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.