- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Sherlock Holmes - Episode 1.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Pre 20th Century Prose Study
What has happened so far
So far in the story Dr Mortimer has come to see Sherlock Holmes and Watson about the death of sir Charles and his fears for the new arrival Sir Henry. Dr Mortimer reads Holmes and Watson an old manuscript about the curse of the Baskervilles and the mysterious circumstances that Sir Charles died in, as there were huge dogs footprints near to his body.
They go and meet sir Henry in the hotel. Holmes looks through the signing in book and enquires about the people staying trying to find out as much as he can about them by saying he thinks he knows them. When Holmes and Watson reach the room Holmes is showed the threatening letter Sir Henry has been sent. Holmes is able to deduce that the letter has been cut out of the Times Newspaper due to the font and then send of one of the boys to look through all the rubbish under the pretences that he is looking for a lost wire when Holmes has told him to look for a copy of the Times Newspaper
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Arthur Conan Doyle (view all)
- The Characteristics of Sherlock Holmes
- Through a comparison of 'A Case of identity' and 'The Stolen...
- Write a diary entry or entries as if you are Helen Stoner. R...
- Summary Of The Speckled Band
- "Talking in Whispers" By James Watson conveys the ...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'